Bordeaux Wine Cruise
Starting from: $3,750.00
Featured at AdventureLink
Every day, the Mirabelle will take you to a great Bordeaux wine region. The choice is vast: there are some 57 appellations. Although it might seem that wines from each region are easy to identify, the reality is more complex, and even great connoisseurs can be surprised by the incredible range of bouquets and flavours.
Jean-Luc Magnac, oenologist and wine consultant for the cruise, will clue you in what to watch for and provide all the information you need to understand Bordeaux wines: topography, geology, grape varieties, etc., as well as recommended matches with food. Chef and Jean-Luc are past masters in the art of finding just the right balance between food and wine for creating unforgettable gastronomic experiences.
Our all inclusive cruise, will take you along the River Garonne, Gironde Estuary and the Dordogne River,a brilliant way to see the country and visit the vineyards that produce all the great Bordeaux wines. The cruise includes tours in our private air conditioned coach to prestigious chateaux. These excursions always ends with a tasting which is essential for understanding what Bordeaux wines are all about, learning their secrets, and delving into their history.
On board the Mirabelle you will discover each day the gastronomic wonders of the South West France with such delights as foie gras, duck confit, magret, Oysters etc. The cruise will take you through the five major Bordeaux wine districts in keeping with the ebb and flow of the tides. These rivers forms the only boundary shared by all five regions and provides a unique way of seeing the entire wine country during six stopovers, an ideal introduction to Bordeaux wines.
The cruise will also enable you to discover the area’s outstanding architectural heritage reflecting centuries of history. This includes ancient fortified castles, superb Romanesque churches, prehistoric caves, and unique Gallo-Roman sites. You will have time as well to stroll around charming cities and villages,investigate open-air markets featuring wonderful local produce and enjoy shopping in a wide variety of boutiques.
- Discover each day the gastronomic wonders of the South West France
- Five major Bordeaux wine districts in keeping with the ebb and flow of the tides
- Discover the area’s outstanding architectural heritage reflecting centuries of history
- 12 cabins (12 m2), each with 2 single beds and individual air conditioning
- Shower room and W.C. in each cabin
- Optimised storage space for all your personal belongings
- 30 m2 deck terrace
- Bicycles available for shore excursions
- Air conditioning and central heating throughout
- Internet connection available on board.
Last Minute? Print out the Confirmation or Email to your recipient!
- A 2-berth cabin with shower, washbasin and toilet for 6 nights
- Full board: breakfast, lunch and dinner (served on board the barge)
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages consumed on board
- Visits, trips and wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- A tourist guide
- A chef
- Full time crew 5 or 7
- Journey to and from Bordeaux (St. Jean station or Merignac airport) to the Mirabelle
- On board internet connection
- Bicycles on request
- Air or train fares to France
- National and international transport to Bordeaux
- Tips for the crew or tourist guide (8% of the cruise price) handled via the Captain in one sum
- Personal spending
- Activities outside the confines of the barge
- Cancellation and travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Health/accident insurance (strongly recommended)